Romancing SaGa 3:ROM map
From Data Crystal
- C2:0227 - (Entry point) Multiplication function using SNES register and scratch ram 09BF.
- C2:0242 - (Entry point) Bit-munching randomization function
- C2:02FD - (Entry point) ? Checks if character has learned skill in 0942 already
- C2:A706 - (Entry point) ? Returns xFF or 0 related to techs
- C2:A754 - Read pointer at 099E to get current skill and update 0982.
- C2:A79F - Branch here if not able to learn the skill
- C2:A7A1 - Skill-learning branch here
- C2:A7AB - Update skill difficulty 0943 here
- C2:A7AB - Update monster learning rate 0944 here
- C2:A870 - (Entry point) ? Cancels skill learning sometimes
- C2:A849 - (Entry point) ?
- C2:C0E7 - (Entry point) Technique-learning determination function (Return value: 0xFF if failed to learn)
- C2:C12B - Final comparison for technique learning. ($C2/C12B C5 8A CMP $8A [$00:098A])
- FE:E853 - (JSL Entry point) Checks if character has skill at 7E:0942 in their skill list already. (Return: A = 0 if no)
- FE:E853 - (JSL Entry point) Alternate technique-learning determination function? (Return value: 0xFF if failed to learn)
- FE:9C05 - Table of monster battle rank limits. Change these to change the maximum level of monsters you can encounter. Raise to encounter secret/rare monsters such as Asura or Pale Empress on the field.
- FE:3195 - HARD table of technique-learning chances. Skill difficulty indexes this table as such:
Index = (Skill difficulty - Monster power) + 10 If the index ends up greater than 20, the index becomes 20. Chances to learn based on the index (hex): 28 27 27 25 24 22 1F 1D 1A 17 14 10 0D 0A 08 05 03 01 00 00 00
- FE:3180 - EASY table of technique-learning chances. This table with greater chances is used if the character has no physical crown or JP.
Chances to learn based on the index (hex): 32 2F 2E 2C 2A 27 25 22 1F 1C 19 15 12 0F 0C 09 06 04 02 01 00