Content is fine, but the formatting should be done with wiki tags, not HTML. I can do a find/replace for what is there now, but just for future reference titles are done by putting "==Title==" on a line (more equal signs is a lower level title). I think == is the same as h2, so h4 would be ====. Also ''' around text does bold. ('' is italics.) --AnyoneEB 15:27, 19 December 2005 (EST)
- Will use new formatting from now on, thanks. --- KBMyers at IP 126.96.36.199
What is the point of having the exact same paragraph about the room format appear five times? This content definitely belongs on a separate page. Maybe Metroid:Room format. --AnyoneEB 15:03, 9 January 2006 (EST)
- Addressed this problem on AnyoneEB's talk page, and made a change in the actual INES template to reflect a new section, ROM Data Formats. Much more useful and efficient, not only for Metroid but all other games as well. Will be transferring information there soon... --- KBMyers at IP 188.8.131.52
- I guess I think of the ROM map as a list of links to ROM data formats organized by location in ROM. EarthBound:ROM map shows what I think a ROM map should be (although it is nowhere near complete). In that case, a separate page listing the formats is unnecessary. I suppose this is open to discussion if you feel a ROM data formats page is a better solution. --AnyoneEB 17:14, 9 January 2006 (EST)
- Hello, sorry 'bout the message on your own talk page. My thinking process behind creating a ROM Data Formats page was because, just as you said, the ROM map should be reserved for ROM addresses primarily, not the gritty details of the exact workings of which. The Rom Data Formats page could have covered this and served as a useful reference for those with no prior deep knowledge of exactly how the data works within the rom addresses, and condensed all this data on one convenient page. I think it would be more efficient than creating a separate page for every Rom Data Format (Room formats, Structure/Tile Definition Formats, Etc.) However, if you would still like me to create a page for room formats only, I am cool with that if that is your wish...I can go back and change the links to reflect this. --- KBMyers at UP 184.108.40.206
- Well, the idea is to have the data as accessible as possible. If you feel your method will make the information more accessible, go ahead and do it.
- The thing is, a ROM data formats page does not scale. For a game like EarthBound the page would be gigantic. Maybe it will be fine for a game with less different tables.
- --AnyoneEB 18:11, 9 January 2006 (EST)