Bravely Default: For the Sequel:Notes
Some text is stored in a concatenated archive called crowd.fs. There is an accompanying file called index.fs that contains the file names, offsets, and lengths of the files in crowd.fs.
index.fs is formatted as
- 4 bytes - start of next file header
- 4 bytes - absolute offset in crowd.fs for file
- 4 bytes - length of file
- 4 bytes - unknown purpose
- mixed lengths - filename in UTF8
File headers in actual text files
(.subtitles, .btb, .tbl, or individual files within crowd.fs files)
- 16 bytes of unknown meaning
- 4 bytes - relative pointer to first text block, which normally contains names, I think
- 4 bytes - length of name text block
- 4 bytes - relative pointer to script text block
- 4 bytes - length of script text block
Japanese text is UTF-16 LE, other languages are UTF-8.