Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Type||Normal + Batt|
|ROM Speed||120ns (FastROM)|
|ROM map | RAM map | Text table | Notes | Tutorials|
- Samus Aran Beauty Salon - A Super Metroid palette editor.
- SMILE - The "Super Metroid Integrated Level Editor".
- SPARTA - "Samus Palette, Art & Repointing Tool App".
- Metroid Super Zero Mission is a complete hack of Super Metroid that is heavily inspired by Metroid Zero Mission and incorporates numerous new features.
- Super Metroid: Redesign is the largest and most extensive hack. It features new physics, a world roughly twice the size of the original, new events, a few new items and abilities, and some bug fixes. It's considered very hard, and easy to get lost and stuck in, but does not allow the player to get stuck unintentionally. (RHDN mirror)
- Metroid Legacy - Retains most of the feel from the original Super Metroid with basically the same sequence of events, making several changes to room layout and the overall map. It is only slightly more difficult than the original Super Metroid. (RHDN mirror)
- Project Base - Features a ton of quality-of-life improvements in level design, gameplay and graphics that make the game way more speedrunable. (RHDN mirror)
- Metroid Limit - Drastically changes the map and layout, and adds several twists and challenges. It's considered a very hard hack to beat. (RHDN mirror)
- Metroid Impossible - Metroid Impossible is not actually impossible; it just makes the game crazy hard. (RHDN mirror)
- Two major hacks are currently in the works: Alliance by Jathys, the author of SMILE, and Insanity by Kejardon, most well known for finding glitches and tricks in Super Metroid.
- NoobSmasher is a short hack designed to be a test of great skill, it has a straight-forward path through the game and acts almost like an arena, requiring skills such as strategic wall jumping, mockball, mid air morph, and amazing reflexes. The most notable feature of this hack are the Deathtroids; these new enemies are arguably the hardest that any hack so far has given.
- There is a minor hack that does not change anything other than the player sprite, title color, and adding the words "Justin Bailey's" to the title screen. The hack for the player sprite being the image of Samus without her suit. There are no known glitches, it can even be flashed to a blank cart and played on the real SNES.
- None known.
- Only two versions were released: NTSC and PAL. The PAL version has a number of discrepancies due to speed changes.
- Super Metroid (E) [!]
- Super Metroid (JU) [!]
- Metroid Construction
- P.JBoy's complete disassembly and documentation
- Jathys' SMILE Website
- Kejardon's documents and notes for Super Metroid
|additional info about this game.|