Stadium critical hit calculation?
I'm not the best at assembly, but reading through this I think I found some inaccuracies? (or at least some stuff that doesn't match up with the formula?)
- What is going on/what are the differences between what happens at the three sections titled "Critical Hit", "¡Un Golpe Crítico!", and "Critical Hit calculation"? I have no idea what's going on in the first one, and the last two both seem responsible for calculating the ratio together.
- For a regular move (no Focus Energy), tracing the assembly starting at "¡Un Golpe Crítico!", what is the "If A0 ≠ 1, jump to 0x35C52C" line responsible for? Later, it looks like "BEQ R0, R0, $0035C558" is always true (since zero = zero) which means that a chunk of code below it is always skipped? This would throw off the BaseSpeed + 76 >> 2 formula.
- Which lines are ultimately responsible for manipulating the critical hit rate, for the normal case, Focus Energy case, high critical-hit ratio case, and both Focus Energy+high crit ratio together case? How much does using a high critical hit ratio increase the probability of landing a CH?
- Replied on your Talk page. --Mantidactyle (talk) 18:16, 8 January 2015 (EST)
Link Battle PRNG length
http://datacrystal.romhacking.net/wikid/index.php?title=Pok%C3%A9mon_Red/Blue:RAM_map&action=history -- "then it's up to D151, right ? I only saw 9 numbers changing but it might be because I forced a FF at d151"
I saw the pokered disassembly's wram.asm: "wd148:: ds10"; but looking at engine/battle/core.asm lines 6728 to 6739, the loop runs for a total of 9 times.
Interestingly, in engine/cable_club.asm lines 35-43, the loop runs ten times there, further strenghtening my initially wrong belief. I apologize for causing that confusion. Motus (talk) 11:05, 1 February 2015 (EST)
Stadium (1/2) Git repository
Your Stadium stuff is really neat. I’ve been poking at the ROMs a bit myself (here). Would be neat to work together on this. We discuss it on IRC (#pret at irc.freenode.net) if you’re interested. IIMarckus (talk) 20:35, 3 March 2015 (EST)
Game internal name
Uploader doesn't seem to be working
When I tried to replace F-Zero Climax's title screen. It gave this error:
Could not read or write file "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/7/7f/F-zero_Climax_Title.PNG" due to
insufficient permissions or missing directories/containers. Could not store file "/tmp/phpSBbLkm" at "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/7/7f/F-
- I do not have the rights to be able to solve this directly, you should send a PM to one of the admins on romhacking.net forums about this ? I just sent a message on #datacrystal on irc about this. --Mantidactyle (talk) 11:56, 6 July 2015 (EDT)
Mario page can tell you if the game is running, fighting, 2D, 3D, which video game etc...
also can have a category Mario, but Mario page is better than one category, you can inform for example the video game,
in the page Mario: I put separate kinds of Mario, and also informed his video games
- Ok. Just be sure to not use a title that is also the name of a game though in that case. --Mantidactyle (talk) 23:43, 10 November 2015 (EST)
Reshef of Destruction: permanent effects?
Hello Mantidactyle, I see you've researched Yu-gi-oh Reshef of Destruction quite a bit. I've done some research on the game's code myself and am considering making a ROM hack to rebalance the game and add new cards. However, though I know to some degree how the card effects work, I'm stumped when it comes to what the game calls "permanent effects" (which are more like passive effects as you probably know) so I'm wondering if you know anything about how those work. We can even compare notes if you are interested.--Ephraim225 (talk) 16:08, 27 August 2016 (EDT)
- I haven't delved too much into this, but I know the game checks every card area on the field, retrieves the card ID, checks if it has a continuous effect, and if it has one, applies said effect. I started ROM hacking this game as well, modifying some CPU decks, cards costs, cards effects, and toying a bit with PRNG to make it less predictable. Do you have a Skype or Discord account, by any chance ? Or are you on some IRC channel ? --Mantidactyle (talk) 12:37, 28 August 2016 (EDT)