Wario Land 3:RAM map
From Data Crystal
- 0xC09B = Current scene
0 = start screen 1 = overworld map 2 = level 3 = end of level, displaying treasures and musical coins collected. 4 = pause menu 5 = golf minigame 6 = ??? 7 = tutorials 8 = key obtention in level (collect key type of the region & suspends action temporarily) 9 = credits A = playing golf minigame in the green dome (after collecting all color crayons) B = ??? C = game over (failing against rudy the clown) D = time attack mode triggered E = choosing langage when creating new game
- 0xC09C = Current operation(s) in the scene.
Level (C09B at 2) : 0 = entering level from overworld, white screen fade in. (function 47B) 1 = loading everything related to the level, warping into the start of the level. (2:4024) 2 = white screen fade out. (function 5ed) 3 = level active time. (Main level function, 2:40aa) 4 = door style warping start (function 928) 5 = start of warping sequence (into another region), white screen fade in. (function 47B) 6 = warping into the new region. (Main Warping function, 2:446e)
How C09B & C09C to access to the correct code for each scene : C09B is read at 1:4000, right below is a jumptable containing addresses to branch to in the same bank for each scene (in order). It does the same for C09C afterwards after doing an indirect call.
- 0xCA04 = Coins (first digit)
- 0xCA05 = Coins (last two digits)
- Note: This value is stored as a decimal value; for example, when you have 99 coins, this is stored as 99 in hex, not 63 as you might expect.
- 0xCA06 = Current Level
- 0xCA39 = Number of treasures (first digit)
- 0xCA3A = Number of treasures (last two digits)
- Note: This value is stored as a decimal value; for example, when you have 99 treasures, this is stored as 99 in hex, not 63 as you might expect.
- 0xCA3B = Day/Night (day when bit 0 = 0; night when bit 0 = 1)
- 0xCA3C = Wario's power-ups (values 0A-0C do not affect Wario, but they do change the Action Help screen to the special screens for certain situations)
- 0xCA46 = Language (Japanese when bit 0 = 0; English when bit 0 = 1)
- 0xCA5B = Keys
This is a 4-bit binary value. The format is as follows: xxxx.... - Unused ....x... - Blue Key .....x.. - Green Key ......x. - Red Key .......x - Gray Key This value is then translated into hex. Example 1: You have only a gray key. The binary value would be 00000001. In hex, this would be 01. Example 2: You have both the blue and green keys. The binary value would be 00001100. In hex, this would be 0C. Example 3: You have all the keys. The binary value would be 00001111. In hex, this would be 0F.
- 0xCA5C = Musical Coins
- 0xCED4 = provokes level end result sequence and treasure collection (and some other events).
0 - do nothing ---- following triggers level end sequence 1 - grey treasure 2 - red " 3 - green " 4 - blue " 5 - no treasure From 8 to 80 - treasures from other levels. Glitched visuals, which treasure is collected seems relative to the level wario is in. ---- special events 6 = game over against rudy 7 = victory, credits.
- 0xCEE3 = Last collected treasure in current game.
- 2xD00E = Next treasure to collect
|Internal Data for Wario Land 3|